Saturday, October 17, 2009

Greener on the Other Side!

This is my first post for my nth blog*God knows*. Well I never seem to keep up with my old blogs. I hang out a lot in the "cyberworld" these days because Im pretty new to this place that Im living right now and dont have uber close friends to hang out with.Well, though my sis friends are kind enough to be.friend me and welcome me here in Toronto. But still there are my sister's friends and there like 10 years older than me.*generation gap*
I just moved from the Philippines around 3 months ago and the reason why? i moved to this effing cold place is simply because the grass is much greener in North America. *besides the point that my whole family is here*
Is it a dream come true living in a "first world" no!*me econ teacher would beg to disagree* the most appropriate term is developed country??? Uhmm that would be a YES and a NO

YES- because the food here is really cheap, well if you convert it to peso it pratically has the same price but men the buying capacity is here really high. You worked all day in the Philippines for about 400 to 500 a day, however thats only a minimum hour's wage here.
so that goes pretty much with other stuff...like shoes, bags, clothes--when you come to think of it all the prices are really the same. an LV bag in the Philippines would be around 50000-thats a price of a handbag YET here in Canada its still $1000....again the difference is the BUYING CAPACITY!

NO- well what I hate about living here is you pretty much do everything. You drive, do your own laundry, cook for yourself and many other stuff which back home you have your ever trustable househelp"manang" to do it for you. Im actually the official dishwasher of our house.*applause* thank you*bow*-

well thats about it..the 3 months stay here is humbling. The licensed I got back home which I worked hard for is not acknowledge--I had to take further studies to take the board exams here. I had a hard time looking for a job in my field especially at this time*recession baby* when in the Philippines, companies call you to work for them..However I had no regrets at all, I know that in God's perfect time I would be able to do what Im destined to do!

So with a big smile I welcome you all to partake to this craZEy!!! experience of mine. Be with me when i laugh, cry, ramble, love, hate, stumble, get up, play, party, travel.....etc. and I hope of that at the end of this I could proudly say that: " I had run the race that GOD has set before me.:-)

kudos!xx

No comments:

Post a Comment